Congratulations on your decision to make this investment in your training, and in your choice to help First Responders in a non-licensed supportive role.
We support First Responders in everything they do for others, and we know that they experience repeated trauma on the job, which can affect them professionally and personally, physically and mentally / emotionally. Not just everyone is right for working with a First Responder -- they need specialty trained resource providers who "get" them. You're about to become one of those resource providers.
Here's some of what you will learn in the CFRS training & certification program:
1) Difficult stories - which will prepare you for those you will hear in your role;
2) The real goal(s) of working with First Responders;
3) The importance of trust & confidentiality
4) Ethics and Responsibilities of a CFRS role.
5) An In-Depth Look at Responder Culture
6) Escapist Behaviors & Negative Coping Skills
7) Relationships of First Responders / Family
8) The Things They See, Hear, Feel, Smell, Taste, etc.
9) A Look at Trauma
10) Behavioral Health Concerns in First Responders
13) Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
14) Suicide - In Detail & Depth
15) CFRS Self-Care
16) The Ride-Along & First-Hand Experience
17) Resources and providers
18) A Holistically Healthy Responder (Financial, Nutritional, Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Mental, Social, Relational)
19) Changing the Culture of First Responder Mental Health
The training content is released gradually, a session at a time, over the first 30 days of the 60 day access. Once you reach Day 30, you will see that you have access to everything (Days 1-30) and you will continue to have access to all of this content through the end of your 100-day access period. It is highly recommended that you view each post more than once, taking the time to learn new things and process new thoughts each time. Much like when you watch a movie twice and see things the 2nd time that you did not notice the first, you may learn something different each time you review a post.
Each new post will have a "Downloadable Worksheet" - these accumulate to form your program workbook and what you can use later as a reference manual in your office. Because you only have access to the online classroom for 60 days, we recommend you take substantial and extensive notes, a process which also helps you learn and retain the information.
Each section includes a quiz, which helps you to see how much you're learning and also helps reiterate the material for better retention.
The CFRS Exam will have 30 multiple-choice, True/False, and fill-in-the-blank questions, covering all parts of the training program.
You may ask questions at any time by sending an email to: [email protected].
If you would like to enroll in this program but make 1 payment of $150 instead of 2 payments, CLICK HERE.